What does negative rapid test post unprotected sex indicate?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Dear Dr.
I was exposed to high risk sexual intercourse
I did rapid test and XXXXXXX test in 12 days post expoure and both came negtive

Are they conclusive?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 10 minutes later
yes, you are free from disease
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 2 minutes later
Does naat test come false negtive during this window period for HIV?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you are free from HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.

It is good that the rapid and NAAT test have come negative.
NAAT test can come positive even after 3 days of infection if HIV infected.
So it is after 12 days the test is done. so you can be almost sure of free from disease.
It is specific that 99.9% times it is sure in telling that you really do not have the disease at the time of testing

You can allay the fears of HIV

you can get back to me for any clarifications
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 18 minutes later
Thank you Dr.
Should i do any conformity test like P24 comobo?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Combo 6 months later to allay anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

There is lots of anxiety associated with HIV. So many times we are made to repeat the tests to allay the fears of patients
You can go for this combo test after 3 months, or 6 months may be more better to remove fear totally of HIV.
It tells us that even after 6 months no antigen or antibody is detected.
As of now i do not feel necessity to go for test.
You can allay the fear of HIV .

Hope you follow all the safety precaution from now to be free from such anxiety

You can get back to me for any clarifications else please close the discussion and rate.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh