What does my ultrasound test result indicate?
TO get a definite diagnosis and Specialist's opinion for further treatment.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/43 - Ultrasound of thyroid - normal thyroid - detected a mass 0.52 cm x 0.48 cm x 0.51 cm, well circumscribed, hypoechoic, soft tissue - inferior to left lobe - ? LN/ ? parathyroid - low Vit D 7.7 - started on weekly dose of 50,000 - PTH awaited - malignant tumor of lymphoid hemopoietic and related tissue - no explanation - Wants to know about it and whether to be concerned.
My thoughts :
The diagnosis is still not certain.
To confirm by:
FNAC- fine aspiration cytology under ultrasonography guidance as this is a small tumor.
MRI may give better diagnosis
Opinion of the Surgeon dealing with head and neck cancers.
PTH level awaited, may help further.
Malignant means cancerous.
"Malignant tumor of lymphoid hemopoietic and related tissue" to your problem list as a differential diagnosis. The treatment is altogether different from Parathyroid tumor, which is curative if excised in total.
Continue Vitamin D, recheck the levels and continue till are normal.
I hope this answer helps you to get an early and proper diagnosis and treatment, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings of the ultrasound results
- Meaning for the ultrasound test results
- Thyroid ultrasound test results
- Thyroid ultrasound done what does the result indicate
- What is the meaning of the pelvic ultrasound result
- Ultrasound test results
- What does these ultrasound results for urethra indicate
- Ultrasound of uterus done what are the results
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound result mean