What does my lab test report indicate?
My friend has a left leg minuscule tear. on3.ce the knee got locked during a work out session 3 weeks back and unlocked then diagnosed as above by an Ortho. again it got locked yesterday while kneeling in a chair and a wrong turn. this time unlocking seems to be not complete. unlocking could be done only after 4hours of incident. this time I can feel a slight clicking sound if I rub over the knee cap skin .
1. is it advicible to postpone the surgery by another 10days by which I will have the social support to go through the surgery
2. Or will minimal physical activity during this period will make the situation worse ?
is there a alternative to avoid surgery ?
Surgery required. You may postpone by 10 days. Need to follow precautions
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understood your problem.
As per the report, there's a complex tear of the medial meniscus and also a degenerative tear of the lateral meniscus.
Also sometimes it is locking, this poses to be a problem which cannot be treated conservatively.
The best treatment is arthroscopic surgery.
You can delay the treatment by another 10 days. It won't make a difference, but do get the surgery done.
Minimal physical activity can be done but must avoid bending the knee, cross leg sitting, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling as much as possible.
A hinged knee brace can be worn while walking. Limb elevation also can provide relief till then.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report