• question-icon

What does my lab test report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Is this something I should be concerned about

Left Ventricle
The left ventricle is normal in size. There is normal left ventricular wall thickness. Left
ventricular systolic function is normal. Ejection Fraction = >55%. The transmitral spectral
Doppler flow pattern is normal for age. The left ventricular wall motion is normal.

Right Ventricle
The right ventricle is normal in size and function. The right ventricular systolic function is
normal.

Atria
The left atrium is mildly dilated. Right atrial size is normal.

Mitral Valve
The mitral valve is normal in structure and function. There is trace mitral regurgitation.

Tricuspid Valve
The tricuspid valve is normal in structure and function. There is mild tricuspid
regurgitation. Pulmonary artery systolic pressure = 30-35 mmHg.

Aortic Valve
The aortic valve is normal in structure and function. No aortic regurgitation is present.

Pulmonic Valve
The pulmonic valve is not well seen, but is grossly normal. Trace pulmonic valvular
regurgitation.

Great Vessels
The aortic root is normal size. The pulmonary artery is not well visualized, but is probably
normal size.

Pericardial/Pleural
There is no pericardial effusion. There is no pleural effusion.

MMode/2D Measurements and Calculations
IVSd: 0.96 cm LVIDd: 4.3 cm LV mass(C)d: 157.2 grams Ao root diam: 2.6 cm
LVPWd: 1.2 cm LV mass(C)dI: 80.8 grams/m2 LA dimension: 3.9 cm

_____________________________________________________________________________
LVOT diam: 1.6 cm

Doppler Measurements and Calculations
MV E XXXXXXX vel: LV V1 XXXXXXX PG: 5.6 mmHg RV V1 XXXXXXX PG: 9.7 mmHgTR XXXXXXX vel:
95.3 cm/sec LV V1 max: RV V1 max: 225.9 cm/sec
MV A XXXXXXX vel: 118.5 cm/sec 145.4 cm/sec TR XXXXXXX PG: 20.4 mmHg
36.5 cm/sec
MV E/A: 2.6

Interpretation Summary
There is no comparison study available.
Left ventricular systolic function is normal.
Ejection Fraction = >55%.
The right ventricular systolic function is normal.
There is no pericardial effusion.
Please continue your current medication as prescribed and we will discuss your results in detail at your next visit.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to worry about as such.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely I myself am doing my speciality in cardiology after completing family medicine, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

The details report tells me that there is nothing which should concern much and there seems to be no reason that your chest should hurt, if ventricles were thickened then we could think of a cardiac pain I would suggest you to consider other reasons of pain like stomach, chest wall and muscle pain, lung issues.

Your valves though are leaky and probably because of mitral vavle leak your left atrium has gotten a bit dilated. This just needs to be checked, and as your doctor said you have to take medications to control the problems. And get regular follow ups according to schedule your doctor suggests you.

Follow up echos will be done with a gap of a few months and your heart will be monitored for any changes.

If you take care of yourself and your medication there is nothing to worry about.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
Training Cardiologist.
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 11 minutes later
thanks for your reply, the thing is I'm not on any type of medication other nexium for acid reflux, nothing else. o guess my question will be do I need to see someone to be treated further
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A cardiologist needs to know your report.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,

Thanks for writing back, In my opinion a cardiologist should see you although there is just a TRACE leak in you valves but a cardiologist should review so that the follow ups and review can be decided.

And you have and echo done to i belive cardiologist would already have reviewed you and in that case there is nothing more needed except regular follow ups with the doctor. Your chest pain looks like due to stomach.

regards.

Dr.Ahmad
Dr. Muhammad Ahmad