What causes sudden fatigue when diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Iwas planting XXXXXXX flowers in my garden and I felt so weak I had a hard time getting to my cot on the patio. I finally got to be able to sit down. Finally made it to my bed. After about an hour I was able to take my blood pressure. My heart rate is normally low, usually upper 40 or low 50s. It was 76. My blood pressure is usually 140 over 40. This time it was 119 over 20.was I trying to have a stroke?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Should be evaluated further

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
The symptoms you are telling should be evaluated further.
It could be simple orthostatic hypotension (fall in bp with change in position) or could be serious heart or brain related issue.
Diastolic bp(lower bp) of 20 does not sound good to me. This difference in bp generally occur in individuals with leakage of valve (aortic regurgitation). It is diagnosed with 2D Echo.

So I'll advice you to go to a hospital & get yourself evaluated properly.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 11 hours later
Thank you so much for your answer. I will see about some medical help.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome & thanks for the reply.
If you need any help in future, I'll be happy to help you.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj