What does my bone density test report indicate?
My bone density test results stated the bone mineral density in my left femoral neck is 0.439 g/cm2 with T-score of -3.7 and a Z-score of -1.9.
How severe is this? What treatment would you suggest?
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. T Score of -3.7 , z score of less than -2 ( -1.9) and bone mineral density of femoral neck of half the reference average value indicates severe osteoporosis.
You need medications for osteoporosis as you are at high risk of fractures. Bisphosphonates, hormone related therapies like raloxifene, other options like denosumab, teriparatide etc are to be considered for osteoporosis. Modifying lifestyle like exercises, avoiding tripping and fall using a support while walking is wise. Wear loose heel shoes with non slipping soles. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Use vitamin and calcium supplements and prefer diet rich in these vitamins.
Talk to an internist and let them sort out the medications and treatment plan for you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bone density test centers panchkula
- Bones density test in indiranagar
- Bone density test available in panchkula
- Bone density test panchkula
- Bone density test menstural
- Frequency of bone density test
- Interpreting bone density test results
- Understanding bone density test results
- What should bone density be
- Bone density test hinduja