What does my MRI test result indicate?
"Since July 30, 2013, MRI there is post treatment marrow fibrosis below L3-4." My blood counts are within the normal range currently and there is nothing else wrong with the MR, so the med onc didn't make a big deal.
In your opinion- what does "marrow fibrosis below L3-4" mean and what are the implications?
Thanks for your help.
Hello dear. It refers to changes associated with age or any treatment.
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM.
There is actually nothing to worry.
With age, the normal marrow of our bones is slowly replaced with fibrous elements and there is loss of fat and red blood cell elements.
This is seen as change in signal alteration on MR imaging. This can also be a sequelae to radiation therapy to spine.
Since your blood counts are normal , there is nothing to worry about.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What mri test findings indicate alzheimers or dementia
- What does the mri result suggest
- What does the mri report indicate
- What does the mri result of bone indicate
- What does below mri results indicate
- Right hand tremors mri done what does the result indicate
- What is the exact meaning of the mri results
- Mri done what do the results indicate
- What does the mri of the knee indicate
- What is the meaning of the mri result