Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What does my MRI scan report indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1478 Questions
I fell in May and hurt my knee. That's better but my shin bone has been hurting ever since. The pain is intense. I had an MRI done, but nothing showed up. The bone dr. I see hasn't got a clue. The pain is intense with no let up. What could be causing this pain?
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consider X-Ray or CT scan.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.

MRI is not the best exam to evaluate a bone problem. XRay or CT scan will give more information about what is going on. So my suggestion is that you talk with your doctor and consider these exams to understand what is the problem, if you haven't done yet.

It may be a fracture or and infection of the bone.

I hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Dr Papaqako.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor