What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 23 Oct 2017 in Lump
Question: Breast implant 17 years ago. MRI of breast approximately 1 week ago. Got up from table and all of a sudden felt a pain under the implant on the left side. I became more aware of it and pain becomes worse with sneezing or deep breaths.
Breast implant was necessary because cancer was on the chest wall.
I am very nervous, I need a lumpectomy on right breast but don't know what to do first.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please post MRI report if you have, take Ibuprofen

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Breast implant was done 17 years ago for caner on chest wall.
The pain started after getting up from MRI table which increases on sneezing and deep breathing. This may mean an inflammation like costochondritis too. MRI would have shown the diagnosis on the left side - the side of pain.
Lumpectomy on right breast must have been planned already, I hope.
Please post the report of MRI if you have.
Take an anti-inflammatory medication with painkiller property like Ibuprofen if it suits you so that the pain is under control.
Avid anything that increases strain and stress on the chest wall. Take bed rest.

Please give details.
With regards.