What does my ECG test report indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello Doctor , I'm a 23 year old male with a history of frequent RVOT - PVCs and I have had an ablation a year ago and since then my rhythm has improved a lot , I get a few isolated PVCs and PACs a day before I used to have them in thousands today I got my heart Echo report and I was comparing it the old one from 2013 , both report say it was a normal study but some of the sizes are not matching each other for example my IVSd in 2013 was 0.75cm and now it's 0.93cm is it something bad ? Please help . Thanks
On photos the old report is with ,, Pencil Lines " below LVIDd and the new one is without pencil lines .
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and after reviewing both of your echo reports, I would like to explain that there is nothing to worry about those slightly differences noticed between the previous and the last cardiac ultrasound.

The differences in interventricular septum thickness (0.75 vs 0.93 cm) do not reflect any pathological process. They are just an inter(intra)observer variability in measurement accuracy.

It is quite normal that in different cardiac ultrasounds to notice such a measurement variation as it depends on the examiner deciding which measurement points to consider.

This is quite acceptable in cardiac ultrasound testing.

The same philosophy holds true for other parameter variations such as : left ventricular dimensions (5.5/2.7 cm vs 5.1/33/ cm), aortic root diameter (3.3 vs 3.5 cm), left atrial dimension (3.1 vs 3.4 cm), LV posterior wall dimension (1 vs 0.88 cm),

So, just relax and don't worry about your echo reports, as they are completely normal and essentially the same.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

If you have further uncertainties, do not hesitate to ask me!

Greetings!

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 31 minutes later
Thank you so much for answering my question Doctor ! I think we have spoken once before and I just want to thank you again for being really helpful!
These results mean a lot to me as it has been a year now post my ablation for PVCs and I was very curious what to see what would they find out on my new echo . I also had a cardiac MRI couple of days ago and currently we are still waiting for the report. the old cardiac MRI has showed a bit big left ventricle I will send you the pic but in the end doctors told me it was not hyperthropic and It was not Cardiomyopathy either but I remember worrying so much and being scared of having a serious heart disease as the reason why I had PVCs was never found , they just called them benign , now after ablation they have gone away and I really hope they never come back. All the other tests I have had in the past have been normal including stress tests but I guess my biggest fear is still this cardiomyopathy and the fact that an MRI had showed a bit bigger LV a year ago , I'll attach the picture down below . So having this info Doctor , do you think my heart is healthy ? Thank You .
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No evidence of cardiomyopathy from the previous MRI

Detailed Answer:

Dear XXXXXXX

Your LV volumes (systolic and diastolic) seems to be a bit larger than the normal references. But, this isn't a right judgment, as they should be indexed to BSA 9body surface area) for concluding a true enlargement.

Your indexed LV volumes (ml/m2) seem to be in the upper limit of normal range. So there is nothing to worry too much about!

Nevertheless, you have to wait for the new MRI report to definitely clarify this issue.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 9 minutes later
Thank you Doctor , I hope you understand how hard it was for me to not worry about these numbers when some of them were above normal
And Doctors were saying nothing was serious about them , it wasnt making any sense to me , i just hope i dont have a high risk of sudden death or anything like that , and yes i will have a new cardiac mri report in two weeks . Thank you !
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

Dear XXXXXXX

I would like to reassure you that facing all your uploaded test reports and your medical history, you are not in any increased risks of sudden death. So relax!

Hope I have been of help to you!

Dr. Iliri