What does my CT scan report indicate?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hii i did a chest plain ct scan today and the findings are stated above ..
so plz tll me what exactly it is ,, is it any critical or life threatning ..

1 ) THIN ATELECTASIS SEEN IN THE LEFT LOWER LOBE AND LINGULA.

2) FOCAL ILL DENSITIES SEEN IN THE APICAL SEGMENTS OF THE LEFT UPPER LOBE IN PERVASCULAR LOCATION . REST OF THE LUNGS SHOW PARENCHYMAL ATTENUATIONS.

3) FOCAL FILLING DEFECT IS SEEN IN THE LEFT MAIN BRONCHUS - POSSIBLY REPRESENTS MUCOUS.

4) IMPRESSION : THIN ATELECTASIS IN THE LEFT LOWER LOBE AND LINGULA.
FOCAL PARENCHYMAL DENSITIES SEEN IN THE APICAL SEGMENT OF LEFT UPPERLOBE MOST LIKELY REPRESENTS FOCAL ALVEOLITIS
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Based on the chest plain CT scan results, you have Atelectasis in the left lower lobe. This and the other findings are typical in patients with bronchio-alveolitis.

This isn't a dangerous disease and you shouldn't worry about it.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 5 minutes later
In the ct scan report it is also mentioned focal ill densities r also seen in the left upper lobe.
Can u pleaze describe wad is it ? It is an humble request
The doctor has also advised me to take foracort inhaler 2oo . Twice a day.
And i also take montelucast and levocetrezine for allergy
Plz tll abt wad is focal ill densities
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi back

Ill defined densities on the left upper lobe is a sign of upper lobe bronchio alveolar lesions which may be found on asthma and/or bronchitis.

This is why you should consider taking the foracort inhaler together with montelucas and levoceteresin.

Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
and what is focal ill defect is seen in the left main bronchus .... possibly reflect mucous
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

As i said earlier this is also a sign for bronchial inflammation (bronchio alveolitis) which is also a common finding in asthmatic and/or allergic patients.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu