What does mild dilatation of the left kidney mean?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Meaning of Mild to moderate dilatation pf pcs in left kidney?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is little space between kidney and urine collecting system.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Calyx and Pelvis are parts of kidney which collect Urine .Dilatation of Pelvi calyceal system means there is less space between kidney and urine collecting system.
It could be due to any Obstruction distally.It can be seen physiologically without any disease.
CT scan of KUB (Kidney Ureter Bladder)will give a clue for the cause of dilatation.
Please consult a Urologist and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 20 hours later
CR SCAN IMpression hydronephrosis of left kidney is noted upto the level of PUJ. Now what is the treatment line for this.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a Urologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the reports in detail.
CT scan shows Hydronephrosis upto Renal pelvis and Ureteric junction. There is no evidence of stone.
Whether it is Physiological or Pathological will be decided by Urologist.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj