What does low TSH with synthroid usage indicate?
recent Tsh: 0.16 uIU/mL
Vitamin D,25-Oh, Total: 17 ng/mL . This is always low. But what is normal?
High Cholesterol: 256 mg/dL Final
High Triglyceride: 354 mg/dL Final
Hdl: 51 mg/dL Final
High CHOL/HDL: 5.02 Final
High Ldl: 134 mg/dL Final
Vldl: 70.8 mg/dL Final
Non-hdl, Calc: 205
step down thyroxine, add fibric acid derivative
Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question.
I have been through your health record and have the following recommendations for you:
1) TSH levels are too low. Thyroxine levels should be titrated to a TSH 2.5 to 4.5. Currently you are receiving excess of thyroxine. we can step down your thyroxine to 75 mcg from 112/125 mcg and recheck TSH after 6 weeks.
2) Your triglyceride levels are very high. Currently you are on 2 statin drugs which isn't the best plan. I would stop one statin and add a fibric acid derivative. They help reduce triglyceride levels. Rules of the website prevent me from prescribing a particular drug.
3) Your vitamin d3 levels are not in the normal range. We need them above 20. I would recommend you vitamin D3 oral supplementation 60,000 IU once a week for 8 weeks and then maintenance dose of 1000 IU for few months.
I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does low tsh mean
- Usages of synthroid
- Low tsh with synthroid
- Synthroid and low blood pressure
- Safe to increase synthroid dosage despite normal tsh result
- Should synthroid dose be reduced incase o high tsh level
- 25 mcg synthroid tsh still 335
- What does elevated altnormal ast and low tsh indicate
- Tsh level 53 does this require synthroid
- Synthroid low hemoglobin
- Is it important to take hypertension medication lifelong and what...
- How long does it take for the clarithromycin to work?
- What should be done when on anticoagulant acenocoumarin for mitral valve...
- Should I be worried about diarrhea during pregnancy?
- Can I take Beneflex while taking Lisinopril?.
- Suggest remedy to achieve fair skin
- What causes shaky hands,wrinkled fingers,low BP,muscle weakness,...
- Can I take bronchial support containing fenugreek, marshmallow and...
- Is it a heath risk to observe blood in stool whensuffering from MSRA?
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools?