What does it mean when a ct scan shows a

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 5 Apr 2019 in Women's Health
Question: What does it mean when a ct scan shows a lump on the breast and cloudiness- there has been no mammogram,MRI is where they said she has spinal infection. I am worried about the cloudiness they said was on X-ray, but do not seem to be correlating the cloudiness with anything going on in the spine.
She also has spinal osteomilytis with an abcess on L3 and L4 that doctors says is an infection in the spine. Abcess was not drained. Severe back pain was not displaying signs of neurological systems-yesterday was walking and felt some numbness in one leg-local doctor does not seem concerned.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
FNAC will help in diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
The cloudiness around the lump in the breast can be suggestive of local tissue swelling. Mammogram will not give much additional information after a CT scan. The spinal infection is not related to cloudiness and the lump. The best way to diagnose is to get an FNAC done.
The numbness is a neurological sign and can happen due to mild nerve root irritation. Taking methylcobalamin supplements can help
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T