Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What does elevated white count in urine indicate when suffering from kidney pain?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
two years ago this march I fell well actually was tripped by my cat and broke 3 ribs, then I sneezed and broke the tip off of one with an approximate 1/2 inch gap between, after all this time I still have pain that is only relieved with pain pills, recently I had sever kidney pain on the same side that was resolved to some degree with antibiotics but the pain is still there. When I put my hand on my ribs and lightly push in the pressure seems to help relieve the pain. I am tired of hurting and am scheduled this month for a full body bone scan, is there anything I should worry about? I am also being followed by a gastrointeroligist for a focular benien spot on my liver.I forgot to mention that the urinalisis showed trace amount of blood and elevated white count
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult your physician for kidney pain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. There is nothing to worry about fracture rib and the gap between. Only concern could be fracture ends irritating the soft tissue around causing some inflammation and might be the cause of your pain. Elevated white count in urine shows sign of infection in urinary tract causing kidney pain. As you had taken the antibiotic therapy for control of infection , go for repeat urine examination if your symptoms persist. Consult your physician for kidney pain. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor