Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What does dull sensation on the centre of the head indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
Hi I experience a dull sensation on the centre of my head. It's as if I cannot think beyond that point. I would like to know if there's something I can take to improve my brain functionality and also this pain hinders my thinking memory to recall. Thank you
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Life style modifications.Vitamin supplement,pregab Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. The reason for experiencing dull sensation may be many. The problem may be due to your general health (most commonly) or due to problem in brain. A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. So a good nutritious diet and moderate physical exercises and sound sleep will help you. Always keep engaged in some activities, have more of fruits and vegetables and daily 6-8 hours of undisturbed sleep is must. Avoid alcohol and smoking (if alcoholic or smoker). With these you can take medicine containing pyridoxine, methyl cobalamine and pregabalin. These combination will help in brain function. For problem in recalling I advice you to concentratee and more revisions. If you feel loss of memory or any difficulty in recall even after the above measures then kindly consult your doctor for examination where your doctor will do general physical examination with specific to higher mental functions and some of the investigations like complete hemogram, TSH and MRI brain may be helpful. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor