What does cyst in ovary indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I had a MRI done and the report reads this…There are tiny cyst in the right ovary.

In the left ovary, there is a mildly complex. 2.2 abnormality which is likely a resolving cyst and could be followed with pelvic ultrasound. if clinically indicated. A small amount of free pelvic fluid is with normal limits for the patients age and gender.

Impression:
Very mild degernerative change sacrococcygeal interspce. very small posterior central herniation lumosacral interspace. a 2x2cm left ovarian heterogeneous abnormality is likely a resolving cyst.
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have absolutely benign findings.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

I have gone through your reports in detail.
You have absolutely benign findings.
Tiny cyst in right ovary is a benign finding.It may be physiological follicular cyst or simple cyst.
There is also small complex cyst in left ovary.In majority of cases, it gets resolve with time.It only need follow up USG.If there are any complications like infection,increase in size of cyst then only it require treatment.
Small amount of fluid in pelvis is also a normal finding.It is generally associated with ovulation.

Very mild degenerative change in sacrococcygeal region and very small posterior central herniation lumosacral interspace are age related degenerative changes.
You should do exercise for strengthening your back muscles.It will prevent progression of disease.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX