question-icon

What does creatinine level of 1.41 and bun of 19.1 indicate?

Posted on Tue, 22 Jul 2014
Question: Hello, my creatine level is 1.41. My bun is 19.1 and my bun/creatine ratio is 13.5 can you explain. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome to hcm

Detailed Answer:
These findings are still fine for male of your age and you dont have to be worried about your kidney health at this point. You just need to repeat test in 6 months or earlier if some symptoms such as urination difficulties,pain in lumbal area ,blood in urine or legs swelling occur. If there will be increase of these findings then more detailed nephrologic work up is necessary,but at this point no further tests are required. Wish you good health. Regards
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon