What does borderline negative HIV test indicate?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I got bordeline negative hiv test. It traumatized as they asked a new test. Why? The insurance company already accepted the results to enable me mot working if sick which was the base of the test being made
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may need test which is not antibody based like P24 antigen test.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Borderline negative means it is not clear cut negative and it is towards borderline.
This condition need follow up test after some time so that if there is further production of antibodies,it can be detected in follow up test.

Other method of detection of HIV can be preferred in these situation like P24 antigen test which can detect HIV even in window period.This can confirm suspected HIV.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist