What does an alkaline phosphorus level of 162 suggest?
Can be due liver or bone disease
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Alkaline phosphatase can be from two sources. Any block to the biliary system raises alkaline phosphatase. This is the reason why your doctor wants an abdominal /liver scan. The other source is the bone. In conditions like osteomalacia, alkaline phosphatase may be high. This can produce boney pains also.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Alkaline phosphate levels indicate what
- Male alkaline phosphatase levels
- Psa levels and alkaline levels
- What is the normal level of alkaline phosphate
- What is alkaline phosphatase level
- Decrease alkaline phosphatase level
- Cholesterol and alkaline phosphate levels
- 124 alkaline phosphatase level
- 109 alkaline phosphatase level
- What does high phosphatase alkaline levels mean