question-icon

What does absence of fetal heart beat at 6 weeks of pregnancy indicate?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: Hi,

My gestational sac measured 8.8 and yolk sac 3.1, respectively. No fetal pole/heart beat were visible. Hormones in the correct range. They have me at 6 weeks 1 day but I am thinking I could be less due to irregular ovulation schedule. Doctor thinks it will most probably end in miscarriage. Should I hold out hope or do you think he is right?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Wait for a couple of weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hi my dear,

I am sorry to hear about your current health situation.

To my opinion, and taking into account the fact that you've irregular ovulation, you should wait for a week or two and check baby heart again.
If no fetal heart beat would be noted, then can declare termination of pregnancy.

Good luck!
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini