What does absence of fetal heart beat at 6 weeks of pregnancy indicate?
My gestational sac measured 8.8 and yolk sac 3.1, respectively. No fetal pole/heart beat were visible. Hormones in the correct range. They have me at 6 weeks 1 day but I am thinking I could be less due to irregular ovulation schedule. Doctor thinks it will most probably end in miscarriage. Should I hold out hope or do you think he is right?
Wait for a couple of weeks
Hi my dear,
I am sorry to hear about your current health situation.
To my opinion, and taking into account the fact that you've irregular ovulation, you should wait for a week or two and check baby heart again.
If no fetal heart beat would be noted, then can declare termination of pregnancy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fetal pole with no heart beat
- What causes a fetal heart to stop beating
- No heart beat for fetal treatment
- Fetal heart rate at 9 weeks of pregnancy
- Fetal heart beat starts
- Irregular fetal heart beat during pregnancy
- Fetal heart beat is faint
- Chocolate and fetal heart beats
- Fetal heart beat
- Abnormal fetal heart beat