What does a swollen gland on penis indicate?

Question
I have had swollen gland on my penis for about a month. No itching or pain. I don't have diabetes but have had un protected sex. Tried anti fungal cream but hasn't made a difference. I have had a cold amd travel for work and work in wet environments with stress
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Require an std screen to document treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

I have carefully gone through your query ,understand your concern and would address the same.

Based on the image you uploaded,it signifies swollen corona gland of your penis.The infection is possibly acquired through unprotected sexual intercourse.This swelling of your penis is termed as Balanitis.

Treatment for such an infection would largely depend on the test results of routine panel of STD infection screen.I strongly recommend you to get this screening test and review with the test results ON FOLLOW UP QUERY.

I hope my feedback is quite useful to you.
Expecting a further discussion with you,
Thank you.
Take care,
Dr.Suresh

Follow-up: What does a swollen gland on penis indicate? 35 minutes later
I am out of the country and it will be a while before I can get tested. Any suggestions on what it could be and what I can do in the meantime? Again no other symptoms at all so I don't have much to go on. Can bilalantis be caused by something other than an std?

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
PRESUMPTIVE TREATMENT HELPS MEANWHILE

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for writing back to me.

Gone through your query and understand your concern.

As of now since you expressed your inability to take the test,lets go for a presumptive management,.Balanitis has few other causes,but in your case,sexual exposure is the most likely cause,we cannot rule it out until and unless an STD test panel is taken.

I suggest you go on for combination of tab Doxycycline 100 mg bid for 7 days plus tab Ornidazole 400 mg bid for 7 days.This treatment is empirical and syndrome based and not a substitute of the final required treatment.

I advice you to get on with this treatment and get your test at a convinient time possible to you.

I hope and wish my feedback to you is helpful and convincing.
Kindly take time to rate my my answer as it helps to improve my presentation.
Thank you,
Take care,
Dr.Suresh