What does a soft lump under the left elbow indicate?
may be a lipoma or cyst
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It may either be a lipoma or a cyst.
(1)A lipoma is a collection of fat cells to form a mass. It normally has a soft texture and it is benign (non cancerous).
It is treated by observation unless it is associated with symptoms in which case it can be surgically removed.
(2)A cyst is a collection of fluid or air within a sac.There are different types but most are benign. Again no treatment is initiated unless it appears suspicious to the doctor or if it is associated with symptoms.
Diagnosis of a lump usually requires examination. During the examination the following is documented: the site, size, consistency, mobility, surrounding skin, colour, contour,tenderness
If you remain concerned, then you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Need medication for a lump on the left elbow
- Lump near elbow under skin
- What is the treatment for lump near an elbow
- Spongy lump under skin by elbow
- Soft moveable lump on childs elbow
- Soft lump on elbow
- Soft mushy lump on elbow
- Movable lumps under the skin by the elbow
- Lump under skin on inside of elbow
- Soft movevla lump on elbow