Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What does a scar with bump on top of the eye indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
I got this scar on the top of my eye. On the scar one area has bump and another is Indented I had the scar for about 6 months. What can be done to reduce the scar?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 20 days later
Brief Answer: Reduction of scar Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, Thanks for uploading the picture. I feel the best treatment of your scar will be to excise the entire scar and re suture. For this you need to see a plastic surgeon. The other options include intralesional steroid injection into the raised bump to make it flatter and then dermaroller about 4 to 6 sittings over the entire scar. Instead of dermaroller even fractional ablative or non ablative lasers or fractional RF can be tried. These procedures will make the scar less prominent but scar will not disappear. For these you need to see a dermatologist practicing cosmetology. A gel like contractubex can be massaged over the scar twice a day if you do not want to go for any procedures. Hope this helped, Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor