Owl Image

What does a lump inside the rectum indicate?

Question
I found a lump about I inch inside the rectum about a half inch thick it faces towards the front of the body. I was wondering if it might be an infection since I drive truck all day and lately have had dry bowl movements since I don,t think I have been getting enough water. Because if I drink a lot of water its difficult to stop along the road to to urinate with this job. I eat a lot of vegetables, fruit and high fiber foods and a very low cholesterol diet and very little dairy products an red meat and very little sugar and highly processed food. Also I am a long distance runner averaging about 3-6 miles per week. Was wondering if I should be worried about it. I noticed it a few days ago I was hoping it is just an minor infection or hemoride.
Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fistula in ano.

Detailed Answer:

From the way you described, it looks like fistula in ano, its kind of infection.Reason for such infection is friction between the buttock skin.

Its common among drivers, since one has to sit with friction between buttock cheeks.Its also common among hairy individuals.

You will need doctor's help to treat this.

Doctor would put you on course of antibiotics and remove the fistulous tract if its needed.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

This link may help http://www.webmd.boots.com/digestive-disorders/anal-fistula