What does a lower than normal saturation for cord vein indicate?
His O2SAT ART Cord was 7 Low at birth (95-99)
Could this cause damage?
cord saturation needs further followup clinically
Thanks for writing to us.
First I would suggest you that normal saturation for cord vein is 60 to 70. For artery it is much lower. This is because umbilical vein carries oxygenated blood whereas umbilical artery carries deoxygenated blood.
In your son it is marginally lower than normal.
There could be multiple reasons for low saturation
Cord around the neck, maternal factors, etc.
You need to follow up regularly with
Routine followup alone can predict any neurological damage.
Many such kids are normal when followed up
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What veins are normal in scrotum
- Veins showing on stomach is this normal
- Is it normal to have green veins
- Is it normal to see vein in tonsils
- What does small vein disease indicate
- What health problem to temple veins indicate
- What does protruding vein on the jaw indicate
- Are breast veins normal
- Varicocele right vein is thinner than left vein
- Cord veins in breast