What does "Calcified granuloma in right thalamus" indicate?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: my friend is diagnosed as suffering from supra tentorial region : calcified granuloma right thalamus. noperifocal oedema. whwne he underwent ct scan XXXXXXX for head ache. what will be the repurcussions? my email YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It indicates healed stage of past infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

I have gone through the reports in detail.

Calcified granuloma in right thalamus is a benign finding and it is not related to your friend's headache.
Calcified granuloma indicates healed calcified stage of infection.He might had suffered some infection in the past and now it has completely healed.Healed stage is also indicated by no edema around the lesion.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX