Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does "Calcified granuloma in right thalamus" indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Indu Kumar


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 6629 Questions

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: my friend is diagnosed as suffering from supra tentorial region : calcified granuloma right thalamus. noperifocal oedema. whwne he underwent ct scan XXXXXXX for head ache. what will be the repurcussions? my email YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It indicates healed stage of past infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

I have gone through the reports in detail.

Calcified granuloma in right thalamus is a benign finding and it is not related to your friend's headache.
Calcified granuloma indicates healed calcified stage of infection.He might had suffered some infection in the past and now it has completely healed.Healed stage is also indicated by no edema around the lesion.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work after 4 attempts and they have prescribed him various medications to control the rate of the heart. We...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some organs or the muscles where may be some inflammation. I have taken X-ray , gone through CT-Scan and Lever test and as per the direction of a hospital but they could not find out anything wrong. I am 53 year old.