Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What doctor handles pain issues?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I can not take the pain much longer I don't sleep eat nothing normal have not been on my 4 wheelers or in my boat since the wreck? I need a doctor that understands the porphyria and that I can not take fillers so I am on strong meds that only make me able to function still with pain but I can deal with that but I want my life back!I also have had cancer when I was young and had a hysterectomy and been cancer free ever since 1998. I am now disabled and can not work anymore I worked 50 plus hours on my feet till the wreck.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Internal Medicine and Pain Specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand the pain affair that you currently undergo. However you have not mentioned your current Insurance to check who is the doctor who accepts it in your area. I find you to be in Hattiesburg, MS. Though we are not the right referral forum I took as a responsibility to reply you here since you are in pain. For the problem that you have you should have an Internal Medicine doctor as primary care. He will do appropriate referrals to Pain Specialist who can keep monitoring and discussing with your IM doctor for changes in medicine. So you should choose to speak to an Internal Medicine MD first. I have searched for the list here: 1) Dr. XXXXXXX D. Hernandez, DO Internal Medicine 511 W XXXXXXX Ave, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 2) Dr. XXXXXXX N. Batson, MD Internal Medicine 5909 U S Highway 49 Suite 30, Hattiesburg, MS 39402 3) Dr. XXXXXXX B. Mellen, MD Internal Medicine 5909 U S Highway 49 Suite 30, Hattiesburg, MS 39402 Please let me know if you need anything else.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor