What do these HbA1c and fasting blood glucose levels indicate?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Fasting Blood Glucose less than 100 but HBA1C 6.5 .
One and half hour after food Blood glucose is say 150 , after 30 mins when it was dinner time it climbs down to 100.
I have fatty liver since 2002. LDL 125 HDL60 , Slight bilubin , AST , ALT
Sugar rises to 200 after food in 2 hours but in 3 hours or so it is below 140 or around 120.
On Beta blocker for Palpitation treatment.This was recommended after having palpitations with heart beat of more than 200 on two occasions in a span of 4 months which I suspect after taking Mens one a day Vitamin half tablet
Why is this ?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it's mild diabetes mellitus

Detailed Answer:

both your HbA1c and postprandial glucose suggest mild diabetes. Judging from the fat accumulation in your liver, I suppose that you have to be overweight or obese. In many cases diabetes improves greatly with weight loss (and so does the fat accumulation in the liver). Sometimes the improvement may be so important that the patient does not still have diabetes.

Regarding your arrhythmia, I can't comment without the diagnosis. There are various types of arrhythmia, so more information is required.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 1 hour later
I weigh only 160 pounds and 5'10
On the heart I had SVT , can any of the items in One a day vitamin cause electric issues causing palpitations ?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
don't believe it's the vitamins

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional info!

Regarding your weight. You're not fat obviously... Other potential causes of fatty liver include diabetes (you do have diabetes) and alcohol consumption. As with most disorders, sometimes no cause can be identified!

Regarding the vitamins. The vitamins cannot cause SVT. Drugs, alcohol, caffeine, structural heart disease may cause it. Your cardiologist should try to identify the cause with tests like the ECG and the echo.

Kind Regards!