What do my lab test reports indicate?
Please find the attached report. Can you answer the following couple of questions?
1. Does this look like malignant brain tumor?
2. What should be the next plan of action
CAT scan of abdomen and pelvis (with iv contrast) came clear
Admit him. Arrange for a biopsy ASAP
Thank you for the query. This is what I would suggest.
I do not know the clinical picture of the patient right now. If he has vomiting and headache, I would have him admitted and initiate measures to decompress the raised intracranial pressure.
I would involve a multidisciplinary team consisting of a neurosurgeon, pathologist and an oncologist.
I would desist from starting him on steroids as lymphoma is a strong possibility here and giving steroids will mask the final diagnosis as the tumor would melt with even a single dose of steroid if it were to be a lymphoma.
I would start him on Mannitol. Arrange for a stereotactic biopsy of the lesion ASAP and have a pathologist read the slide on site. I would then start him on steroids and wait for the final histopath before deciding on the final course of action. I would desist from doing a lumbar puncture at this stage as it could lead to coning in the setting of raised intracranial pressure.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report