• question-icon

What do my MRI test results indicate?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in General Health
Question: I am 24 years old. I had pain in left waist area with numbness. Now I also have numbness in my left side face, which reduces on getting good sleep. In MRI of lumber spine, there was no abnormality found, however it also states that there is a posterior bulge of C5-C6 causing mild thecal sac indentation.
Whether I shall take x-ray or MRI of cervical spine? What could be the treatment? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs mri brain

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Mittal. I have read your message. I think I can help you. The symptoms of the query are progressing.
I would suggest testing with a MRI BRAIN and NCV Both Upper limb.
Please let me know the reports. I think I can help you further thereafter.
Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 4 hours later
Sir, the pain and numbness started in the left hip area going down to my left foot often getting mild cramps in the foot and it gradually came up to left back, arm then face. this has happened over a period of two years. the right side is fine. I have also had insomnia for the past 6-7 years. The pain and strength in my limb gets better when i sleep. might there be a connection?
Brief Answer:
Connected possibly

Detailed Answer:
I have read your message.
I think it is possible that the condition are related.
therefore I requested the 2 tests.

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist