• question-icon

What do my LFT test results indicate?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I am 32 years old,I have gallbladder stones problem ,past six months back my S.G.O.T 23 & S.G.P.T 18.but today I took LFT -bilirubin total:.45mg,direct.22 ,indirect.23mg.
but S G O T 79.5&S G T 140 u/1,alkaline phosphatase.130.0 IU/L,A/g ratio 1.5,Gamma G T 71.0 u/1.45 days back,I a birth for boy baby.above past results at time of my 5th month pregnancy.I got severe gallbladder stones pain admitted in the hospital,they gave antibiotic and discharge from the hospital.please explain why today report these much variance.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive inflamed gall bladder.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on Healthcare magic.
I have gone through your history and the results of the two lab tests done 6 months apart.
As per the latest LFT done, assuming your Total bilirubin: 0.45, Direct bilirubin: 0.22 and Indirect Bilirubin: 0.23 which are within their normal ranges.
However the other tests such as SGOT, SGPT, Alkaline Phosphatase and Gamma Gt are raised and are suggestive of Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gall bladder) due to gall stones.
You are advised to visit your treating surgeon for proper clinical interpretation and further evaluation like Ultrasound scan to assess the condition of the gall bladder.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any follow up query, plz send it.
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali