• question-icon

What do my BP readings indicate?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My BP is 167/96, pulse 63. Is that dangerous? What can I do at home to lower it?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry its not dangerously high

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

As per the blood pressure values mentioned by you I would like to tell you that the normal blood pressure range for an adult beyond 60 yrs of age is upto 150/90 mmhg so as per that your blood pressure is not dangerously high also your pulse rate is well within normal range.

As of now I would like to tell you that just relax and don't take stress as anxiety and stress can also cause increase in bp.

If it continously stays beyond 150 then you need to increase the dose of Amlodipine. Also dietary salt intake should be restricted for proper Bo control.

I hope this information will be helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist