What do intermittent episodes of atrial fibrillation indicate?
Stents are not the cause
After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that the causes of ATRIAL FIBRILLATION include :
1. Advanced Age
3. Valvular Heart Disease
4. Coronary Artery Disease
5. Congestive Cardiac Failure
And in your case the cause is your coronary artery disease which first has caused you a heart attack and now Intermittent AF or paroxysmal AF.
The most important thing you need to take care in intermittent AF after 60 yrs of age is to take proper anticoagulant medication like Warfarin or ACITROM or Eliquis in order to prevent the or stabilise the risk of thromboembolism leading to Stroke.
No your Stents are not causing you AF.
I hope this information will answer your query. Feel free to ask back is you have any more doubts.
In future if you want me to answer your medical queries you can directly question me by visiting my profile and posting your query there.
Dr Bhanu partap
My pleasure. Kindly close the discussion and rate the answer.
In future for any health query you can directly ask me through my profile by posting your question there.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for intermittent atrial fibrillation
- What is the indication for surgical ablation and atrial fibrillation
- What are the latest treatments for atrial fibrillation
- Diagnosis of intermittent atrial fibrillation
- Symptoms of intermittent atrial fibrillation
- Intermittent atrial fibrillation causes
- What does atrial fibrilation on 85 of the time mean
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter
- What causes atrial fibrillation leg cramps vomiting
- Drugs/medication for intermittent atrial fibrillation