Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have dark brown discharge, after periods, taking yaz. Medicine side effect, continue pill?

Hi Samuel,
I have been on Yaz (the pill) for a month and a half - I have had my menstrual cycle a week and a half ago and since my period has ended, I have had dark brown discharge and I am extremely concerned. Can you advise if this is a known side effect of Yaz? Furthermore, should I continue taking this pill?
Kindly let me know....
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Irregular uterine bleeding is seen during the first two to three months of use of the pill and if it does not settle down by then, it would be better to change over to another pill. Drosperinone, one of the contents of this pill is said to increase the risk of thromboembolism and hence proper monitoring is needed and in the event of any doubt, change of pill is necessary. Hope your query is clarified. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor