What do freckles on the neck indicate?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a group of freckles on my neck that look as I'd my neck had been cut and I've haemorrhaged freckles down to my shoulder and then they fade away. I don't know of anyone else with this same freckle formation should I be seeking my family doc for further investigation? All freckles look normal no malignancies just a weird formation along the dermatome almost

I was born with this it has not changed due to sun exposure except I may get a few more along my shoulder during the summer but nothing significant
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like naevus spilus, can be treated with laser treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photograph.
It seems you are having naevus spilus.
It is a type of naevus which presents with freckle like pigmentary spots in a dermatomal distribution.
It can be removed with laser treatment.
You need to consult a dermatologist for the same.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj