What could cause difficulty in moving about in an 80-year-old type-1 diabetic?
Possible complications of the diabetes.
Diabetes may result in several complications such as balance issues, poor coordination due to peripheral neuropathy, vision problems, muscles weakness etc. All these possible complications of diabetes may affect the ability to move and walk freely.
Getting evaluated by a neurologist is necessary to understand better the exact cause of your wife's issues.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Erion Spaho,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 23 year old type 2 diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes causes
- What age does type 1 diabetes occur
- Type 1 diabetes and endometriosis
- Could a 9 year old kid be diabetic
- Gastroenteritis and type 1 diabetes
- What is the best alcoholic drink for a type 1 diabetic
- Type 1 diabetes and perimenopause
- What makes a type1 diabetic man impotent
- Could electric shock cause type 1 diabetes