Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

What combination of medicines should I take for anxiety and major depression?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 634 Questions
Major depression, anxiety, grief, self esteem is bad (no self worth), Memory loss, cry at the least important things. I have been on Cymbalta, Zofoph. Paxil. My doctor told me that I need to see a Psychiatrist to get an Idea as to what combination of medication will work for me. I'm at my witts end. I don't find joy in anything, have no interest in doing anything etc. Just so down all the time. Are you a Psychiatrist treating adults? Do you take BCBS HMO/
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi, it may be treatment resistant depression. Detailed Answer: Hi there, thank you for asking. If you have a depression which is not responding well to these medications, you should be checked for thyroid function, B12 deficiency and other causes of treatment resistant depression like hypocalcemia etc. If all of them have been ruled out, then the doctor should think about the reason cymbalta and paxil are not responding. They may have caused restless legs and it can cause sleep disruption for you. please let me know about its progress. Cheers, Azim.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What combination of medicines should I take for anxiety and major depression? 14 hours later
I have had all of the medical tests they can think of. Blood, Thyroid, cardio... You name it I've had it but my doctors all say to see a Psychiatrist so they can let the doctors know what medications I should be on that will help me since they themselves are not qualified. I have not been able to find a Psychiatrist in XXXXXXX Az that takes BCBS HMO that treats adults. They treat children, young adults and those on access. Where else can I search for a Psychiatrist that I can meet with and actually get some help? I feel like I'm running out of ideas on my own and I need a name of someone that can help. Not a discussion group. Do you have any suggestions or is this just another waste of money. Unless you accept BCBS for your advise.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 days later
Brief Answer: Hello, Telepsychiatry is an option. Detailed Answer: Hell again, thanks for asking. You can ask your family doctor or health insurance to introduce you a psychiatrist who does telepsychiatry and accepts insurance. I am in Canada, so your insurance will cover only the american physicians. I wish the best for you and psychotherapy sessions. Hajiazim
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor