What causes white bumps over lips and corner of mouth?
I had a very small white bump on the inside of my bottom lip which is now gone. Possibly cold sore but didn't hurt. I think I popped overnight . But prior to that for months I have these small flesh color bumps on the upper lip and left corner of my mouth. Today the corner one is tingly. And they all seem more noticeable. Normally you can't see them unless your looking for them. I have a 6 month old and I am freaking out I can give something to her or my husband. I am a smoker and under lots of stress at work. Please help. Doc can't see me for over a week.
Herpes labialis, angular chelitis, medication
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the white bump over the lips and corner of the mouth is concerned, I have two possibilities.
It can be a recurrent herpes labialis(herpes virus infection). The other possible cause can be a angular chelitis.
Nothing to be panic, consult an oral physician and get it evaluated. Mean while you can use topical analgesics like choline salicylate for the pain and topical anti viral drugs like acyclovir.
These are the possible diagnosis and treatment plan based on the description of the lesion by you. If you can upload the Image of the lesion, I can give you exact diagnosis and treatment plan.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries, reply me back. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes rashes and white bumps
- Common causes white bump roof of mouth
- Cause for the bumps on the roof of the mouth
- What cause white bump in roof mouth
- What causes white crust in mouth corner
- What causes painless small white bumps in mouth
- White bump mouth that cause bad breath
- What causes white around the mouth
- Cause of white bumps in mouth
- What can cause white bump in the corner of eyelids