What causes weakness in legs?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: what causes your legs to be weak and kinda wobbly

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query there can be many reasons for these kind of symptoms , but still first and foremost Vitamin B12 deficiency needs to be ruled out .

Serum calcium and vitamin D levels also should be done to see if any deficiency exists and that should be corrected . Plus I will also advise you to start taking a multivitamin tablet .

Rest ideally a neurological examination is warranted to see if there is any kind of sensory loss or other things that are causing the instability. Plus get you sugar levels and BP checked regularly .

Dr. Shruti