Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

165 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes water filled lesions between the penis and thighs?

Answered by
Dr. Geetika Paul


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2609 Questions

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi
I ve water filled bubbles in between my penis and thigh .. recently I found my bed is infected by bed bugs ... after that I got itching and some skin infection.. from yesterday I can see these water filled bubbles please suggest what to do
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures and details

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same .
From the description , it looks like you have developed some type of an infection in the groin region .
I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition before we can discuss regarding the diagnosis .
Please click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page .
Also please tell if there are any lesions over rest of the body as well.
Is there associated itching or pain?
What all have you been applying over the groin area? Any creams or oil or dettol?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 16 minutes later
these water filled bubbles are painful too sometimes..
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infective lesions, need proper care

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to have developed infection in the groin region.
You should try to keep the affected area clean and dry.
Take care not to rupture the blisters.
Wash the affected areas with lukewarm saline water twice a day. Apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the lesions twice a day.
In addition , take some oral antihistamine like tablet levocetrizine or tablet claritin once a day for seven to ten days.
You should not apply any other cream or oil over the affected areas . Also do not use things like dettol or savlon over it.
Since you have recurrent development of such lesions, then you might need to be examined directly by a dermatologist in detail to look for the reason for recurrence .
You can take the treatment as advised . In case, the lesions tend to recur, I would advise you to see a nearby dermatologist .

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Hi thank you very much your quick reply..
can you please tell me what are the possible reasons that infected me of this blisters
how can I prevent them from spreading again..
what we call this in medical terminology..
as of now I observed blisters ruptured themselves ... and there is no much pain now..
can I use powder to keep the area dry
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
To rule out various blistering disorders

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Development of such fluid filled blisters in the skin folds can be alarming especially if one has recurrent development of these lesions.
In case they tend to settle of their own in sometime and heal completely , then you might not need to worry since such lesions can develop due to a localised reaction to some infection.
In case , one tends to develop such fluid filled lesions again and again in the skin folds, then a need for direct examination of the whole body to look for signs of blistering disorders is essential .
So I would advise you to follow up with a dermatologist in case the lesions tend to recur.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Topical antibiotic

doctor1 MD

My wife has had sores on her arms and legs for about 1 year. They're not painful unless she picks at them. When she does pick at them, there's a small, hard, round ball that comes off. Attached is a photo. Any ideas what this could be?

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, Recently I noticed this black spot on the right side of my throat and I was just wondering if this is something I should get checked out by my doctor? It kind of came out of nowhere and I just noticed it yesterday and I don’t really...

doctor1 MD

I think i just got bit by a spider. A lot of white spots that look like pimples , its red and swelling.