What causes vomiting, fever and severe abdominal pain?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
My anglo wife whos 63yrs. old has Tremendous stomach pain that goes around her body in stomach area and fever to 100.5. She has vomited every thing up and says she feels like dying. She also trembles from the pain and feels like passing out. This has been going on for 24 hrs. What can I do she doesnt want to go to an emergency clinic due to limited funds.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Serious symptoms

Detailed Answer:
HI and welcome. It may always be severe stomach flu or gastritis exacerbattion but if symptoms are so serious then she should see doctor since some dangerous issues may be present which include bleeding ulcer, stomach perforation or intestinal obstruction and peritonitis. So I suggest to rehydrate her, she should avoid nonsteroid painkillers and have easier diet. If there is no improvement or it worsens she should see hospital as soon as possible. Wish you good health. Regards