What causes visual and auditory hallutionations?
Most are visuals of people I know. The auditory are on awaking, and involve voices.
You may have organic psychosis
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.
At age of 75, if any patient gets auditory or visual hallucination, then chances of underline brain dysfunction is high. In your case, MRI scan is showing tumor, so you may have such symptoms due to that. Diagnosis in your case would be organic psychosis. You need antipsychotic drugs that would help to control such symptoms. Better to consult a psychiatrist for proper management.
In case, you need further help, you can ask
Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can acoustic neuroma cause auditory hallucinations ?
- Auditory agnosia causes
- Auditory processing disorder causes
- Auditory injury causes
- Can abscessed tooth cause auditory hallucinations
- Is it common for intuniv to cause auditory hallucinations
- Auditory hallucination causes
- What causes visual migraines
- Auditory hallucinations schizophrenia causes
- Auditory nerve tumors causes