What causes vaginal dryness?
I suffer from a some type of auto-immune issue, went to the Mayo Clinic, (2012) where one of the things they uncovered was esophageal candidates. I had been experiencing vaginal yeast infections several times a year for the first time in my life for the 3-4 years prior. No diabetes, negative for AIDs.
4-5 days ago, I had significant dryness and itching of my vagina, and self treated with OTC anti-fungal medication. The itching stopped, but the dryness remains, and my vulva and vagina feel kind of heavy and swollen. Are these symptoms a part of the process of menopause?
I read your query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply
1. You are right. These are menopause symptoms.
2. The vaginal dryness is due to estrogen hormone deficiency.
3. This estrogen hormone helps keep vagina from dryness and fungal infection.
4. If its dry and itchy use estrogen cream / gel available OTC.
5. If hot flush also exists you might need HRT yo overcome these symptoms temporarily.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sensodyne causes vaginal dryness
- Vaginal dryness caused by flucloxacillin
- Vicodin cause vaginal dryness
- What can cause vaginal dryness during sex
- What causes vaginal dryness after novasure
- Ocella causing vaginal dryness
- Cipro causing vaginal dryness
- Causes of vaginal dryness
- Clarithromycin causing vaginal dryness
- Adderall causes vaginal dryness