What causes vaginal bleeding and stomach pain during early pregnancy?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I took home pregnancy test few days back and i got positive. And two days back i am seeing bleeding spots and yesterday also i saw same thing but today i am bleeding normal as periods and getting stomach pain. Can you please tell us what's the reason about it
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This probably is implantation bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

I have gone through your notes. This probably is implantation bleeding. Since you are also complaining of pain, there is a possibility of threatened miscarriage, a condition in which the bleeding increases and SOMETIMES results in miscarriage.

I'd suggest you to please go to the ER for a prompt examination. The doctor may do a pregnancy hormone test and prescribe progesterone for pregnancy support.

I hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee