What causes vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain after taking I pill?

Question
Hi I had unprotected sex with bf on 13th and he did not ejaculate inside me but I took ipill within 24 hours. And I got light bleeding with abdomen pain after 3 days . As my periods oftenly came at 20 th .so I m worried about pregnancy because dont want to be pregnant please advise help me
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Due to side effect of i-pill.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since you took I-pill on 13th, now the irregular light bleeding that you are having is the withdrawal bleeding which happens due to the high dose of hormones in the emergency contraceptive pill.
This is a common side effect of such pills. Your routine period can also be delayed by a few days. Do not worry. This is not indicative of pregnancy.
But I would advise you to use a surer way contraception like oral pills as I-pill if taken repeatedly can cause you menstrual irregularities.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain after taking I pill? 17 minutes later
Thank you so much ma'm . As you said this is common side effect of I pill and how long it lasts. and after that will I got my monthly periods by this month ??

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lasts for 5-7 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The mild pinkish discharge is likely to subside on its own in 5-7 days. Yes you will get your regular periods by the end of this month.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: What causes vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain after taking I pill? 11 minutes later
Thank you ao much doctor . Now its last question . Now I need not to worry about pregnancy or pregnancy test ?????

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
There is no need to worry about pregnancy as the chances of pregnancy are less than 2%. You can test your urine for pregnancy in case you do not get your regular periods by the end of this month.

Follow-up: What causes vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain after taking I pill? 4 hours later
Hello doctor I am having continous pain in my abdomen . Please let me know when will I got relief from this pain ???.........

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take 2-3 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
It will take 2-3 days for the side effects of the i-pill to be over. Do wait and do a hot fomentation of the lower abdomen. You can also take an over the counter anti spasmodic for relief.
Regards.