What causes urine coming from rectum while coughing?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: sir,i am suffering from one problem.urine is coming from rectum when cough comes.it is happening ones in every month.what i have to do.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is practically impossible to pass urine through Rectum.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
It is practically impossible to pass urine through rectum unless there is communication is established between rectum and bladder either due to pathology like cancer of the colon or trauma .

What you have suspected to be urine may not be a urine but it is likely to be mucus secretions of anal canal that are expelled out due to increased intra abdominal pressure while coughing .

You can get this confirmed by microscopic examination of liquid that you pass out .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.