What causes urge to defecate and burping?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hello i have problem in my stomach, 4-5 times i have go to pass the stools, there is no loose motion , but all day i feel sensation in my stomach for going toilet. I did course of Rifaxamin.200 twice a day for 5 days but still same. I take Rabeprazol D 20 twice a day. All the reports r normal, blood reports, sonography, chest xray.my gall bladder was removed one yr back. I also take vobit m 2/500 twice and Ln Block 5 mg once. My stomach is tight and when i push it burping starts. Pl guide me
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 2 days later
Brief Answer:
you need some further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for contacting HealthcareMagic.

Your symptoms can reflect many underlying causes, hence you will need further evaluation.

Your symptoms can be due to bacterial overgrowth, pancreatic insufficiency, colonic or intestinal disease, irritable bowel syndrome etc. you will require investigations for evaluation of these, hence you should contact a gastroenterologist in your area.

It can also be due to lactose intolerance, hence my advice will be to stop milk intake, instead you can take curd or buttermilk. Also dose of Rifaximin that you took was suboptimal. You should take it in dose of 400 mg thrice a day for atleast 2 weeks.

You are taking Voglibose for your diabetes, this can also cause side effects similar to your symptoms. Hence get this drug changed by your physician.

Hope my advice helps you, if you have anymore queries you always get back to me.
Best wishes.
Dr Dinesh Kumar Singal

Follow-up: What causes urge to defecate and burping? 1 hour later
Hi, i consulted a Gastroenterologist and his diagnosis was IBS and he prescribed CAP PANTOCID ONCE TAB RIFAGUT 400 TWICE TAB LIBRAX TWICE and at night ISABGOL HUSK. He gave 1 month course after one month if it is not cured he will go for CT SCAN of stomach and COLONOSCOPY. Pl suggest a good drug for Diabetes to me. Waiting for your early advice.

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
I think your Gastroenterologist aproach is right and you should follow his advice. As for medicine for diabetes again you should ask your Gastroenterologist since diabetes needs regular follow up so that sugars do not fall too much. It will not be right for me to advise you a diabetic drug on a web portal.
Best wishes.
Dr Dinesh Kumar Singal