What causes twitching in lower eyelid?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have my right eye twitching for almost 1.5 months already and almost since the twitching, my right ear has also become stuffy when I lay down or rotate my head towards the very right. It is gone when I get up.

Lately my left eye also starts to twitch a little.
It is the lower eye lid that is twitching
What is with me.....?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to electrolyte imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. The muscles of the eye are small muscles which often develop clonus or twitch in case of electrolyte imbalance. I would insist you to take juicy fruits including citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium and should help in relieving the twitching.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 18 hours later
How about my ear? Does it has anything to do with my eye's twitching? And what kind of electrolyte should I take?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ear problems are unlikely to be related

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Sorry for not being able to respond faster.

I have already suggested you to take juicy fruits to replenish the electrolytes. You need not take them in the form of medications. Let me know if you have any problem with your ears as well. I do not think that ear problems are related.