What causes tremors in hands while taking Metoprolol and Losartan?

Question
I have been taken Metoprolol Succ and Losartan for quite awhile I have very shaky hands especially in morning is this a result of these medication?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not a known side effect

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

This problem is not likely related to these medications. Metoprolol is in the family of the medications that can potentially be used to treat tremors not cause them and tremors are not known to be related to losartan.

There are different causes of tremor and you want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment to determine the cause for you.

The potential causes are: (1) essential tremor- this is diagnosed if the exact cause of the tremor is not known and the below conditions have been ruled out. It is a common problem that can be managed with medications

(2)parkinson's diseaase

(3) stroke
(4)brain injury
(5)MS
(6)tumor
(7)side effect of some medications- not the ones that are mentioned above
(8)metabolic- eg high levels of urea

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment to determine the cause.
This would be done via history of the tremor and any associated symptoms, examination and possibly imaging.

Treatment would depend on the cause found.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions